S w e e t H o n e y L e m o n follow labels about credits home


Sunday, March 4, 2012
12:54 AM

I would wake up to see your face every morning. Not wanting to wake you up, I just look at you silently, wondering when you'll open your eyes to meet mine. After what felt like hours, you wake me up instead, telling me I've overslept. I laugh.

"I was waiting for you to wake up."

You smile, your high cheekbones making your face look so perfect. "Well, I woke up." You're sitting up straight, ready to spend the weekends however we would decide to spend it. I pull you back down, your head landing on the pillow next to mine. I look you in the eye.

"I don't wanna wake up yet." You smile.

"Then sleep, by all means." You close my eyes for me, but I open one, peeking on you as you stare at me, smiling away. I close my eyes, drifted away by both drowsiness and your love.

---

I would be at work, in front of the computer when I notice it's already 12:30pm. My stomach growls, and I wonder what you've eaten for lunch. Knowing your mighty appetite, you might as well have finished a few dishes by now. I text you :

Honey, what did you eat for lunch? I'm hungry T T

I wait for awhile, staring at the clock. It wasn't even a minute when you texted me back :

I haven't eaten. Wanna go eat together? ^^

I imagine the forty-five minute drive between your workplace and mine. Sometimes I wonder why you come up with such ridiculous ideas.

Don't joke around, go and eat already. I'll just buy a burger somewhere near.

You don't reply and I get worried. I go back to my computer, deciding to finish off this draft before I go out to buy something. When I was about to put on my coat for the windy day, the office front door rings open. You walk into my sight, smiling a sigh.

"Honey," I manage to say.

"Did I make it on time? Or did you eat already?"

---

It's our first anniversary. You have my eyes blindfolded, holding me by the waist to lead me somewhere. I just got out of the car when you told me the place we're having dinner is a surprise.

"Are we there yet?" I ask.

"No, not yet," you tell me.

"Don't push me off a cliff or something, I know I've been annoying you recently," I say.

"Nothing will make me love you any less."

Finally you tell me to get ready, and unknot the blindfold. The smooth cloth sweeps away, giving me back my sight to one of the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. We're at the beach. There are little lanterns floating in a small area of the sea, just giving us enough light to see a small table for two before it. On the sand below it were pink petals scattered around, colouring the ground with it's softness.

You lead me to the table, seating me at one side of the table.

"Don't tell me a waiter is coming," I say jokingly.

"No, just you and me tonight," you inform. You take off the lid from a big dish that's been in the center between my plate and yours. It reveals a huge lobster, salad on the side, along with small pools of sauces. I smile, looking up at you. You just grin your silly grin.

After the peaceful dinner, we head back home. You wouldn't let me change first though.

"I have one last surprise," you say. I was going to take my present for you - it was hidden somewhere in the bedroom - so as you were occupying yourself in the kitchen I ran to our room to go and get it. When I get back, the dining table had cupcakes with alphabates on it, arranged to say :

"YOU ARE ALWAYS PERFECT TO ME"

Your present fall from my hands. Tears form and run down my cheek. I remember how the past few weeks had been hard for both of us since I had a new project at work and you had to go for a meeting in a different state for a few nights. The night when you first looked at me with those eyes as our fight that had begun with laundry problems worsen. We got it together specially for today, but I wasn't sure what would happen after tonight.

You come over to me, slinging your arms around my waist, leaning your forehead against mine as I begin to sob. I was embarrassed, but nothing can surpress my feelings anymore. "I'm sorry," you say.

I wipe away my tears. You cup my face as I look you in the eyes. I can feel my eyes are red and hot from the tears, but I don't run away from your gaze. "I'm sorry too," I whisper. Your lips land on mine just as I finish my sentence.

"I love you."

---

I am so sorry for the dead blog. Seriously there's only been me around, what with Najiya in boarding school and Hanis stuck in Tumblr-land. I haven't been writing a lot of good stuff, and that's why I haven't posted anything - I don't it's worth it.
So since there's no major exam this year, I might be writing more. Please do wait for us! >< Thank you for being so loyal~ <3

Labels: , ,


Leave a comment ? (0)
imagine
" You write so beautifully, the inside of your mind must be a terrifying place "
"good night ver.2" by YUEKAIRE